Sacred heart diet recipe holds this name due to the misconception that it is developed by the Sacred Heart medical group. However, they have already acclaimed that neither as an organization nor any staff has ever participated in any of the development processes or endorsement of Sacred Heart Diet recipe.
Is the sacred heart diet safe?
Several questions have been raised on the sacred heart diet. Gale Encyclopedia claims that it does not provide adequate nutrition. Health experts advised that it’s not safe for long term plan. No clinical study confirms the high amount of weight loss due to sacred heart diet. MyPyramid and the USDA’s official nutritional guidelines for Americans do not support sacred heart diet recipe.
Variation in the sacred heart diet recipe
Original sacred heart diet soup recipe
The sacred heart diet recipe is nothing but soup.
Ingredients in the sacred heart diet soup
- One to two cans of stewed tomatoes
- 3 large green onions
- 1 large can of fat-free beef broth
- 1 pack of a chicken noodle soup mix
- 2 cans of green beans
- 1 kg of carrots
- 2 green peppers
- Bunch of celery
Instructions to make the sacred heart soup
- Chop the vegetables
- Cover them with water in a large pan.
- Boil it for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Keep it on simmering heat until the vegetables becomes tender.
- To flavor the soup, add salt, pepper, hot sauce, Worcestershire sauce and bouillon pieces.
Another sacred heart soup with little variation
It includes beef or chicken broth, celery, carrots, stewed tomatoes, chicken noodle soup, green onions, green beans and green peppers. This is the most common sacred heart soup.
Seven day sacred heart diet plan
Prohibit beverages and drinks in this diet plan for seven days. Drinks, which are approved for this diet plan are tea, black coffee, water, unsweetened fruit juice and canberry juice.
- Intake of only fruits (except bananas) and vegetables are allowed for the first day.
- Soup and vegetables (avoid dry beans, corn or peas) are suggested for the full-day meal. Intake of baked potatoes with butter at dinnertime for the second day.
- Replace all the meals of your day with the vegetable soups and fruits. Say no to potatoes for this day of the week. Check the difference in weight; you must have lost at least 5 pounds, up till now.
- Banana shake is recommended for the day. Make use of skimmed milk. This can provide you enough calcium and potassium for the day.
- Intake of 10-20 ounces of tomatoes and beef are recommended for the day. These things can be a nutritious part of the soup.
- This is the complete soup day. Eat vegetables and beef as much as you want.
- Foods to include in meals are: veggies, soup, brown rice and fruit juice (unsweetened).
Some facts on Sacred heart Diet
- This diet does not hold any such miraculous thing which can burn the fat in minutes. Some have this misconception that sacred heart diet recipe can reduce extra kilos in few days. If it happens then it is only because of the water loss.
- It is not approved by any reputable medical institute.
- It is highly recommended by several well known medical institutes to discuss the diet with physician or dietician before following it.
It is just a seven day fad diet which involves the intake of sacred heart soup, which helps in reducing the extra fat in our body. It has been very popular since several years by different names- Miami Heart Institute Diet, Miracle Soup Diet, Cabbage Soup Diet, Cleveland Clinic diet and Spokane Heart Diet. It has shown several miraculous results but with several other factors.
In a nutshell, you can include the sacred heart diet recipe as a part of the main diet to lose 10 pounds in a week. Do not forget to consult your dietician for this diet as results varies according to a person’s physique.